Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Street Kings (Allen Zeng)

After a year of silence, Keanu Reeves is back. In the form of a tough cop who deals violence with violence. Keanu, while being one of my favourite actors, did not present an overall satisfactory performance though. In scenes where acting skills are essential, Keanu only does an OK job.
Action-wise, this movie has enough to keep you entertained. See how Keanu's character takes the bad guys out in all sorts of awkward situations, ranging from being shot to being bound.
As to the storyline, well, I figured out the ending about 15 minutes into the movie. I sat there hoping some interesting twists might come my way, and, unfortunately, while there were quite a few twists, the interesting one never came. The ending is quite lengthy though, to me it's partly because of Keanu's performance.

Rating: 6/10

No comments: