Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Death Defying Acts [2007] - Shelvia

“There is no escape.”


Director: Gillian Armstrong
Starring: Guy Pearce, Catherine Zeta Jones, Saoirse Ronan

I’m a big fan of magicians and stories around them – so I might be biased. But I’ll try to be as fair as possible in reviewing this movie.

The movie is set around 1926 – to tell the story about Harry Houdini, the great escapist from Britain. The story is extremely captivating and having actors like Catherine Zeta Jones and Guy Pearce telling the story really did make a big difference. Saoirse Ronan definitely adds an extra punch with her impeccable appearance. She seems so suited to the role that I can’t picture her anywhere else.

I can’t talk too much about the storyline without spoiling it. Just make sure to catch it on DVD when it comes out.

Rating: 7.6/10


No comments: